emilydee

Moara cu noroc
Ioan Slavici
The Messenger
Markus Zusak
Once Burned - Jeaniene Frost Okay, so, *clears throat*, I might have exaggerated with my initial rating of this book. I think I was high on Vlad or something..I’m not really sure..(maybe I was so excited for this book to come out I’ve gone insane and the day I got to read it I was so happy that I wasn’t exactly thinking straight) aaaand that’s not weird at all..
But what I’m sure of is that now my thoughts are much less..happy.

Let’s start by saying that I neither hate or love Leila..She’s just not that amazing, honestly. Altough her abilities are far from boring. I felt like things were way too rushed between her and Vlad..and I bet it will get boring as the series go on. I certainly don’t hope it will, but I have a feeling.
Actually, this book wasn’t really that exciting. The action was decent and the villain, um, let’s just describe him as not that worth remembering.
Also, I’m disappointed in the way she described Romania and the people there. If the name Romania, the locations, the one sentence in romanian and obviously, the history, weren’t mentioned, I think I wouldn’t have known it was my country. I wish Frost would’ve documented more but, whatever. I’ll get over it.
Besides Vlad, I didn’t really connect with any character and even Vlad wasn’t really what I expected, knowing him from NH. Sure, he’s hot and dangerous and scary and whatnot but I felt like there was something missing.
I wish J. Frost explored more stuff. Like Leila’s circus thing or her relationship with Marty.

However, I did enjoy it and I’m looking forward to book #2.
Let’s hope it will be a more interesting read than this one was.

Please, Jeaniene Frost?
*crossesfingers*

And please, God(or whoever's in charge with the night prince covers), make the next cover better!

That's all, thank you.